We receive personal information from you when you use www.artandcraftuae.com or its related websites and services (“artandcraftuae.com”) (including, without limitation, when you buy items when you telephone or email our customer support team).
Your information and registration with the Site
- In order to register an account on the Site, you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, shipping address, email address and/or telephone number and other similar information as well as some additional information about you such as your date of birth or other identifying information.
- Following your registration on the Site, you should not post any personal information (including any financial information) anywhere on the Site other than on the My Account section of the Site. This protects you from the possibility of fraud or identity theft.
- In case you wish to pay by credit/debit card you will need to input the financial information in the secure section of the Site. We use this financial information for billing purposes and for the fulfilment of your orders. This payment gateway processes the payment while keeping your information secure and completing the purchase.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
- We will collect information regarding your address and contact details based on your inputs and this information is used in relation to the order delivery and tracking and for no other reasons.
- We may need to request from you a valid proof of identification (e.g. in the form of a copy of your passport, resident’s visa or permit, national ID card and/or driver’s license). This is done to verify your identity, and we may require this at the time of placing an order or at the time of order delivery.
- We will reach out to you via email to inform you of promotions and new product launches etc, by registering on the Site, you give us your express consent to receive emails about our services and emails announcing changes to, and new features on, the Site.
- If, at any time, you decide that you do not wish to receive any such emails, you can opt out of receiving such emails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any of the emails or by going to the My Account section of the Site.
- Please note that we may use your Internet protocol (or IP) address or your Internet service provider (ISP) to analyze the user trends and improve the Site.
- We may also collect information about your navigation (for example, the pages you visit on the Site, the products you saw, the products you ordered and compared etc.) along with the times that you access the Site.
- We may collect information related to your conversations via email or phone with our staff and customer support team. Your response to a survey or any other feedback, rating, review or comments relating to your use of the site may also be collected. This information is not personal information and it will be anonymized and used by us in an aggregate manner for statistical purposes.
- Additionally, we do use comments made by you about the Site for marketing purposes and by making such comments you expressly consent to our using such comments for marketing purposes.
- We use your personal information to provide services and customer support to you; to measure and improve our services to you; to prevent illegal activities and implement our user agreement with you (“User Agreement”); troubleshoot problems; collect fees; provide you with promotional emails and verify information you give us with third parties.
- Finally, we may collect additional information from or about you in other ways not specifically described in the policy.
Third parties and your Information
- We may need to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, government agencies or other third parties where we are compelled so to do by court order or similar legal procedure. We may need to share or disclose the information to comply with law; where we are cooperating with an ongoing law enforcement investigation or where we have a good faith belief that our disclosure of your personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss. We may also share the information to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate a possible violation of our User Agreement.
- Since you are a valued customer and we would not like to disrupt your shopping experience in the event of a sale of artandcraftuae.com (any of its affiliates and subsidiaries or any related business assets) your personal information will be disclosed to any potential purchaser. We may share your personal information with our other group companies so as to provide joint content and services to you, to help detect illegal acts and/or the violations of our policies.
- Always seek information on the privacy and security policies of any other Site members with whom you are transacting prior to sharing any of your personal information with another Site member. We cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information when you share personal information with other Site members so you should. We do not have control over another user and his/her use of information that you provide to them.
Protecting your Personal Information
- We hold the information provided by you on servers. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and its storage on, our servers.
- All personal information saved on our servers is encrypted. However, we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information on the Internet.
- You must enter your username and password each time you want to access your account or make transactions on the Site. This makes it safer, especially if you tend you access the account from more than one system or computer.
- Choose your password carefully using unique numbers, letters and special characters.
- Never share your username and password with anyone.
- If you are concerned that your username or password has been compromised, please contact our customer support team immediately and ensure you change your password by logging onto the My Account section of the Site.
Changing your personal information
- You can access and review and make any changes in your personal information in the My Account section of the Site.
- You can update or correct your personal information if your personal information changes in any way or is incorrectly presented on the Site. You can do so by accessing the My Account section on the Site or, alternatively, by contacting our customer support team.
- Please note that we shall retain your personal information during and following the end of your use of the Site as required to comply with law, for technical troubleshooting requirements, to prevent fraud, to assist in any legal investigations and to take any other actions otherwise permitted by law.
- Artandcraftuae, the Site, uses ‘cookie’ technology (small computer files placed on your computer’s hard drive). When you go to particular website pages on the Site, the cookie identifies your browser with a unique, random number.
- The cookies we use do not reveal any personal information about you in specific. These cookies help us improve your experience of the Site by helping us understand which parts of the Site are the most popular or visited most often. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
- Artandcraftuae, the site, does not participate in spam emails. To report Site related spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to email@example.com.
- You may not use our communication tools to send spam or other unrelated content
How you can contact us about privacy questions
- If you have questions or concerns about our collection and use of your personal information, please contact our customer support team at the “Contact us” link at the end of any Site webpage or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.